a part time Sexual Assault /Trauma Therapist.
Master’s degree in psychology, social work or related field and minimum 2 years post graduate experience working with trauma victims required; clinical license and insurance credentials required. Email resume to Kristen@turningpointyork.org or call 717-755-8876.
Turning Point Counseling & Advocacy Center is a private, not for profit organization serving residents of the Susquehanna Valley. The center provides individual and group counseling to female survivors of childhood sexual abuse, as well as experiential therapies including art, music and sand tray. Our therapies are provided on a fee-for-service basis and scholarships are available.
- Minimum requirements include a Masters degree in psychology, social work or related field, and minimum 2 years post graduate experience working with trauma victims.
- Current Child Abuse and Criminal History clearances required upon hiring, as well as updated every two (2) years.
- Clinical License PA and Proof of Malpractice insurance required.
- Insurance credentialing required. Continuing education requirements required to maintain certification and/or license.
- Provides direct services to clients through individual and group therapies, per accepted standards of clinical practice.
- Performs evaluation and assessment activities, which includes incorporating an understanding of DSM-V diagnoses and treatment planning.
- Completes all required documentation, including but not limited to clinical charting, fiscal paperwork, and outside agency requests for information.
- Participates in treatment planning meetings, staff development and training meetings as required
- Provides liaison services through direct consultation with schools, courts, and agencies, as needed.
- Pursues internal and external professional development education and activities.
- Participates in agency-wide Continuous Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Performs related duties as required/assigned.
- Adheres to Pennsylvania State Mandating Laws